Laser Hair Removal on Stomach: Everything You Need to Know
How It Works
The principle of laser hair removal stomach is based on the effect the laser beam causes on the hair follicle. It impairs the melanin contained in the follicle and leads to hair loss. The visible hairs fall out within one or two weeks. In order to achieve better results, it is recommended to undergo a course of stomach laser hair removal that includes several treatments. This will help get rid of so-called inactive hairs.
Laser hair removal has another advantage: the remaining hair becomes softer, thinner, and grows slower. A few treatments will be enough to prevent hair from growing almost for good.
In case you suffer from ingrown hairs on your stomach, skin irritation after shaving, or your hair is extremely dark, laser epilation will be your best solution.
Laser Stomach Hair Removal at Home
The modern pace of life always leaves less time for yourself. Even after realizing an amazing effect the laser hair removal stomach brings, you may not always have the possibility to make an appointment in the beauty salon because of the lack of time or money. No wonder that the home laser epilation becomes more and more popular. Besides, it is as effective as the one performed by beauty professionals.
Fortunately, today there is a vast choice of IPL hair removal tools that can be used at home. SkinMyDreams laser removal handset is a brilliant solution for those who want to get absolutely smooth hairless skin without wasting extra time and money. Totally safe, it gives professional results to any body part. The abdomen laser hair removal performed with the help of SkinMyDreams is absolutely painless and doesn’t require any special skills.
Benefits and Side Effects
As it has already been mentioned, laser hair removal stomach has a plethora of benefits. However, side effects are also traceable:
- Quick visible effect. The first hairs fall out right after the first treatment;
- Epilation doesn’t take much time;
- Laser hair removal is completely painless.
- The possibility to get rid of the ingrown hairs.
- The procedure of laser hair removal tummy does not cause allergies.
- Upon completing the recommended course, the procedure can be repeated once or twice a year in order to remove the soft fine hairs.
- Swelling of the skin can occur after the procedure. However, it is considered a norm;
- Skin burn can appear if you don’t follow the rules of laser hair removal stomach preparation;
- Skin redness can appear immediately after the procedure. But as a rule, it disappears within a couple of hours;
- Irritation – is you don’t have any contraindications to the procedure, your skin won’t get irritated.
To reduce side effects caused by home abdomen laser hair removal to minimum, it is highly advisable to use only certified tools. SkinMyDreams IPL hair removal has all the corresponding certificates that confirm its safety. Even if you have very sensitive skin, this handset will do its job without causing any harm to your body.
Laser Stomach Hair Removal Before and After
Laser hair removal is one of those methods that stop the growth of the hair for a couple of years. However, it is impossible to immediately remove the hair for good.
- A one-time treatment helps stop hair growth for 1-2 years. After that, the hairs resume their growth;
- When repeating the procedure, its effectiveness increases by 1.5-2 times, due to which the hairs do not grow for 2 or more years;
- After the repeated treatment, you can get rid of your happy trail almost forever.
Stomach Laser Hair Removal Preparation
Before each treatment, it is crucial to follow recommendations to prepare your skin for stomach laser hair removal. The given precautions help prevent all the above-mentioned side effects.
- A month before the laser epilation, use only a razor to remove hairs from the stomach area, since it does not ruin the hair follicles;
- Three days before the treatment, shave your stomach in the area where you plan to use laser hair removal tool;
- A day before the procedure, try not to use any abdominal skincare products, as they can reduce the laser effect;
- Also, it is important to take into account the individual features of your skin. They can be identified based on your state of health and the type of hair on your stomach.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Stomach are Required?
The laser only affects the hair that is in the active phase of growth (anagen) and contains the maximum amount of melanin. Normally, there are about 30% of active hair on the human body. During one treatment, the laser destroys only some part of the hair that is in its active phase. Inactive hairs can be “woken up” later during the next procedure and will also be partially removed. Thus, in 8-10 treatments, the skin becomes totally smooth and hairless.
The intervals between the abdomen laser hair removal treatments comprise from 30 days up to 4 months. Between the 1st and 2nd treatment, you need to take a break of up to 4 weeks. A break between the 2nd and 3d treatment should be approximately 6 weeks, etc.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal for Stomach Cost?
The laser hair removal stomach cost depends on the treatment area. When you do this procedure in the beauty salon, be ready to pay 5-15% more for the use of special equipment and additional after-session creams to soothe the skin. Hair removal for men is more expensive due to the increased thickness and hardness of the hair on the abdomen trail. Be ready to pay for every appointment, as this is not a procedure that can help remove your hair immediately.
To save your money and time, you can always try laser tools for home epilation. The cost of the SkinMyDreams IPL Hair Removal Handset is completely justified, as you pay only $99.99 once. As a result, you have professional skin care at home with no need to spend extra money for each treatment.
Is Stomach Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Any physical sensations are very individual. Everything depends on the pain threshold of a person. For example, when one person is writhing in pain because of a fracture, another person will feel absolutely nothing. In order to find out whether laser hair removal is painful for you, you should try it first. You can make several test pulses to understand how you perceive the laser effect. If it is uncomfortable and you experience discomfort, you may apply an anesthetic cream or spray.
In any case, abdomen laser hair removal is less painful than, for example, pulling out your hair with tweezers or wax. And a short-term effect caused by these methods cannot even be compared to the permanent hairs removalprovided by a laser.
Is Stomach Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Yes, it is. However, there are cases when the laser hair removal tummy can be harmful:
- Benign or malignant tumors (including cancer, lipomas, atheromas, sarcomas);
- Diseases of the immune system;
- Pregnancy, regardless of the term;
- Diabetes mellitus in the stage of decompensation;
- Skin diseases in the acute stage;
- Streptococcal pyoderma.
These are absolute contraindications for abdomen laser hair removal.
However, the lack of time and access to verified information gives rise to a great number of the myths about stomach laser hair removal, namely:
Myth: Nulliparous women are not recommended to do laser hair removal tummy.
Truth: The laser beam does not penetrate into the internal organs. Therefore, hair removal is safe for everyone.
Myth: Laser hair removal is not effective for people with fair hair.
Truth: Modern tools, even those designed for home use, can remove all types of hair.
Myth: Laser is harmful to human health.
Truth: The laser beams used for hair removal differ in wavelength. This means that they do not penetrate into the body but are used exclusively on the skin.
Myth: Abdomen laser hair removal does not help get rid of hair.
Truth: To get rid of most of the follicles, you need to go through several treatments. All hairs, even inactive ones, will be removed by laser in several procedures.
The Bottom Line
Abdominal hair growth can be a serious problem for both genders. If for the ladies the need to remove the stomach trail is usually dictated by purely aesthetic considerations, men sometimes may feel a real physical discomfort, as they sweat more often, which can cause a rash, irritation, and peeling of the skin in the abdominal area.
Laser hair removal remains the best way to get rid of stomach hair. No matter what type of treatment you choose – professional or home one – they are equally effective and will help you get the smooth, hairless skin of your dream.